CORRECTING and REPLACING Grouponicus Holiday Weekend Reveals Shopping Local Is the New Black (Friday)
The corrected release reads:
GROUPONICUS HOLIDAY WEEKEND REVEALS SHOPPING LOCAL IS THE NEW BLACK (FRIDAY)
For the second year in a row,
Although the shopping season is barely underway,
Shopping local is the new black (Friday).
Black Friday isn't just for national retailers with large ad budgets.
The most popular ‘gifted' local deal was from GT Dream Cars in
If you know a
- 9,000 people will receive a Coz-e Heated Blanket with Sleeves
- Better check the driveway or behind a large bush...you're getting a car! (If the 17,000 auto detailing/washing packages purchased are any indication)
- More than 7,000 shoppers are currently looking for awkwardly large boxes to store the sports equipment purchased last weekend
- Over 90,000 fingers and toes will be rubbed, clipped and painted (at least the nails will be painted… the rest is probably optional)
Consumers just want to relax.
Perhaps anticipating the crowd at the mall or dinner with the in-laws,
- 25,000 backs, scalps and souls are getting massages this year
- 8,000 North American aunts purchased facials to prove without a doubt that yes, your face will stay that way
- What's that rattling in the bottom of your stocking? Most likely one of more than 8,000 packages of vitamins sold in just four days
Online deals connect distant gift givers and recipients.
Photo gifts purveyor Vistaprint was the third most popular deal gifted
overall, and electronics giant
"With more than 2 million Groupons sold worldwide, including 650,000
Grouponicus deals, a 500% increase over last year's Grouponicus sales,
our holiday season is off to a phenomenal start, reaffirming how much
consumers love shopping locally," said
The Grouponicus Holiday Shop serves 40 markets with local deals chosen
specifically for their ‘giftability', and offers subscribers nationwide
a mixture of specials from online and national retailers including
News Provided by Acquire Media